Sunday, October 4, 2015

Construction Continues



I worked on this most of the day on Saturday. This, above, is three big pieces.

I texted my niece (she lives on the West Coast, across the country from me) told her she could see pictures of her quilt on my blog. She loves it, and is very excited.

I sewed all the remaining components together. I need to make a few four patch diamonds for the left edge.  These pieces are on the floor because as I was removing a few from the top part of the wall so I could sew them together I lost my balance, fell off the stool, and fell against the door before landing in a heap on the floor.  Ouch.



I took a break, made dinner, and then went back to work, but when I did this...
 

I knew it was time for bed.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

there should be an easier way for us vertically challenged people to get the high pieces off the design wall. I'm glad your recipient of the quilt likes it. That helps you to smile all the rest of the way through the finishing process.

Pat said...

I know that had to hurt but I'm glad you weren't seriously injured in that fall. We who live alone cannot be too careful!

Nancy J said...

One day someone will make a design wall that can be lowered for us shorter folks, then raised, and EASILY. Love the way the quilt is coming together, and it will be so treasured.

Julianne said...

Oh my its beautiful, shes gonna love it! I hear you on the crazy sewing, I do things like that when I am tired too...

Vivian said...

Already saw the Flimsie so had to go back to see it's "birth"! Ouch, the label on this quilt should read "no quilters were seriously injured in the making of this quilt". Very lucky niece to be getting this one!