I paired all my strips, cut and sewed the curves and cut the curved pairs into blocks. Then I designed all the blocks and set them aside to pin while I watched TV. I saved all the little extra bits from each strip. Hold that thought...
This is the end of an evening's work.
Then I took the little leftover bits and sewed them together, alternating the black and white at each end. I just grabbed the strips semi-randomly. The resulting strip was about five feet long, and totally awesome. I didn't know exactly what I'd do with it, but felt it would appear on the back of the quilt somehow.
I love this block.
And this one. This quilt goes WAY WAY WAY over the top, but it's perfect for the young lady it's going to, and she so well deserves it. I'm happy to be making it and have been having such fun doing it.
PS, All the fabrics for this quilt came from my stash. I'm not sure if I should hide from embarrassment about that fact.