- Thoughts on Art, Creativity & Inspiration
- Good Stories
- Red Letter Alphabet
- Free Pieced Houses
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~2009 - 2010
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~ 2011
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2012
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2013
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2014
- Lynne Tyler 2015-2016 Quilts
- Couch, Bed & Table Quilts
- Doll Swap Quilts
- Gizzy Quilts
- My Studio
- Details, Details & More Organization Stuff
- Quilts & Their Owners
- Not Yet Quilted
Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Fall House Top and a Pin Rant
I say "Tant pis!" (It's French. You can go translate it if you want.)
Why pins? They hold the layers together, without anything shifting and you can sew over them!
Later tonight I'll fold the binding over to the front (yes, you heard that right) and sew it down. Since I'll be using this as a table cover, I'll sew the binding down by machine.
And yes, I'll use six million four hundred twenty three thousand eight hundred ninety five pins.
PS. I've added a couple of things to my Tutorials page for your reference. 1. How I blindstitch and 2. How I add the hanging sleeve to the back of my quilts.