Thursday, February 26, 2015

Purple Urple

It doesn't look like much, but after watching Granchester and doing all the dinner dishes, I sewed up strips for five blocks. Next I'll straighten them into strips that are 4-1/2" wide and cross cut them into 4-1/2" squares. I'll get four squares from each strip, and there are four strip sets in each stack. Then I'll sew the 16 squares into blocks and add them to the pile.

I'm hoping I can get together with my nephew so he can have some input into how the blocks will be arranged in the final quilt. It'll be interesting to see what he thinks.

I think I have an idea of how I want it to look, but I really can't tell until I make more blocks. Right now I have 5 left leaning blocks, and 5 right leaning blocks. I'll need 30 blocks for the quilt.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Purple Urple Awesome!

Megan said...

It will be interesting to have a non-quilter's input. It should also make his special quilt even more special for him.

Megan
Sydney, Australia