Sunday, January 11, 2015

This and That

I've been working on that project I can't tell you about. It's coming along very well although I had to take some time out this morning to pick up and fold all the fabric I had thrown about. I had been getting frustrated. Of course, the real solution was to take a deep breath, and go a bit slower. Picking up the stuff that made it really messy helped too.

I baked two loaves of bread yesterday, and spent an evening last week ordering seeds for the garden. Now that I have a house I can plant my garden in the ground in an actual garden instead of in pots around a parking lot. (Did I tell you that as soon as I moved out of the old place, the landlord put the house up for sale? And that it sold less than two months later?)

8 comments:

stitchinpenny said...

Would you have purchased it if you had known? I am happy that you are where you are and that it meets so many of your needs.

Dee W said...

Well, I think this is a much more suitable place, Millie is so happy with all the amenities that came with this home. And the studio is marvelous, it's a place for real creation.

Pat said...

Glad to see you back. Millie mentioned that you were resting a bit. Hope you are fine. When it gets cold like this, I just want to hibernate!!

Jackie said...

This house has so much more to offer you with alot less pavement. I love your sewing room and all the windows....

Megan said...

The trouble with a large studio - when it gets messy, there's a lot to tidy up! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your slow down and tidy up system works for me, too -

SO happy you moved when you did!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your new secret project!

Marei said...

Oh how I love candid shots of real studios. Glad to know I'm not the only one who uses the "whole" space when creating. :)