Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Curtains! Snow!

I've finally made a curtain for the door in the sewing studio. I've been preparing my class for QT on Saturday, and that's almost ready. Next up I have to work on my talk to the Amoskeag Quilter's Guild in February.

As everybody probably knows, I am in the path of Snowstorm Juno (when did they start giving snowstorms names?) We are expecting between 18 to 25 inches of snow, wind gusts of 35 MPH and a potential loss of electricity (sigh.) The governor has declared a state of emergency, and our company will be closed tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I'll spend the day cozy and warm at home, watching the Australian Open on TV and getting in a little sewing. If not... well, it just doesn't bear thinking about.

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Be safe ... Here's to the power staying on!!!

Vicki W said...

The Weather Channel started the stupid practice of naming winter storms. It's a marketing ploy. Officially they are not named. Your curtains are very cute!

LynneP said...

Hope all goes well with the storm and that you have power and warmth and sewing!

Pat said...

I hope you don't lose power!! The power lines here are buried so I almost never lose power and I have a gas stove. I feel very fortunate. Plus I'm not usually in the path of a big storm.
Do you have a thermos (or two or three or four) that you can fill with hot water just in case? And I just read on another site that a clay pot - the kind with a hole in the bottom - turned upside down with a candle burning in it can keep a small room warm. I'd never heard that before.
Good luck and stay safe.

Just Ducky said...

Hope the power stayed on and that you aren't too buried.

Megan said...

Take care Lynne.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Hope things weren't too stormy in your corner of the world, and that you are warm, cozy and safe. We didn't get the blizzard as badly as was predicted for our shore but is was a wild ole day! I cut out all the bits for a new flimsy Monday night and sewed in my jammie's all day during the storm! All that's left to do is sew on a skinny little border now...