Saturday, July 20, 2013

No Other Otter

This is a greeting card I received in the mail. I smiled as soon as I saw this otter.

And I grinned from ear to ear when I opened it up and read it.

Later, when I talked to Julie she said she saw it months ago and JUST HAD to buy it.  "[The otter] loves eyeglasses just like YOU do!"

Growing up my Mother always said to me, "You're not the average bear." She always meant it affectionately, and it was always a reassurance, because I knew I was not like the other kids.

I can't tell you how much I love this image, and how it makes me smile every time I look at it. I know I am not your average bear, and I'm not like the Otters, either!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy birthday!

Pip said...

That is such a cute card, happy birthday to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Smiling here in TN, too.

Judy in Michigan said...

That Julie!! Love it! Many happy returns on your special day!!

Susan R said...

Your friends know you so well. What a perfect card. I wish you a very happy birthday from one of the otters.

Susan

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Birthday you special Otter you! What a great card! And what a special friend to find such a unique card for your celebration!

Steven said...

Wishing you a Happy Day.

sawsan said...

Wishing you a Happy healthy years full of wonderful happy quilts which we like to see

Cher said...

happy belated birthday! I also love that card...how wonderful to receive something so "just right!"