Friday, April 19, 2013

HOME!!

As some of you know, I spent the last week in Maryland, visiting family.
I live in New Hampshire, and usually travel to Maryland on Amtrak. I board the Amtrak train in Boston.

I heard about the tragic events at the Boston Marathon as they happened and followed the news closely over the last few days. I did worry about getting home as I had to travel through Boston.

I am safely home, back in New Hampshire.

I traveled back on Thursday, and the large police presence when I got off the train at the Amtrak station in Boston last night would have aroused my curiosity had I not been so utterly exhausted and eager to get home. (By the time I got off the train photographs of the two "suspects" had been released.)  At any rate, today Amtrak service between New York and Boston has been temporarily suspended. Had I been trying to get home today I would have been stranded.

So for all of you who have been wondering, I am home, and I am fine.

And no, I didn't see Bonnie Hunter speaking locally last night.


2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Very good to know you are home safely . . . marvelous photos!!

Just Ducky said...

Very happy to know you are home. Was wondering if you had been caught in the transportation shut down around Boston.