Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

I couldn't let 12-12-12 go by unmentioned.  Not much sewing going on at my house. I've got the Christmas decorations up, which includes this real Balsam Fir tree.  I spent Sunday baking cookies.

Decorating by yourself isn't as much fun as with friends or family, but my son is 3,000 miles away, so I have to make do. It's going to be my first Christmas without him, so I'm trying to make the best of it. I had a long Skype conversation with him last night, and that's cool. I am a big fan of Skype. It's one thing to talk to the kid, it's another to actually SEE him.  He can show me where he is (he was in Hawaii on Thanksgiving) and I can show him what I am doing.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Even though he is physically distant, you KNOW he is there in your heart!

Very pretty tree - LOVE Millie's responses to it, too!

Anonymous said...

I won't be seeing my son on Christmas either. Skype is a wonderful thing. I love it. Your tree is beautiful.