Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Snip Snip!

Sometimes the answer to what you're looking for is right in front of your face.
 Yes, it's the Quick Brown Fox. This quilt hangs in my sewing studio and every time I look up from my sewing table I see it.

Yesterday morning, it finally hit me over the head.  The words in the fox quilt don't have letters that blend together. They are mismatched, and they look quite lovely.
 They are also a lot smaller than the letters I had been making for the Black Box quilt. Hmm.  I had to make those letters smaller.
 But look at what will happen to this "Y" with a little judicious trimming! Not only do the letters get smaller, but I might actually be able to fit "before you can think" on one line! (well, maybe not.)
And now I think the really bright "out of the box" letters really make sense, because finally they are significantly different from the others (and not just in intensity).

I am feeling much better. I think I know where this is going.

4 comments:

Clare said...

Eureka!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh, I just LOVE it when that happens. The magic of the creative muse is working wonders once again... as is her primary piecing goddess!

Anonymous said...

so much better!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh you are on a roll now . . . YES!!