Saturday, September 10, 2011

T is for Tyler. T is for me!

 The letter "T" is one of the easiest letters to make, and the easiest to customize.  You can make the bars thick or thin, or a combination of both.  You can put the crossbar at an angle, you can shove it over to one side. It's a simple letter, you can have a lot of fun with it.

Here's my red T:

and here are a few others. The next three are from "Nine x Nine".




This "T" is from Letters From Home.
 When I was making this black and white "T" for my Daft Zebras quilt, I first cut the strips with the stripes, and the grain.  But then I looked at them and I thought... "Um, this is supposed to be DAFT," so I decided to go for broke and make the letter a bit crazy.

For these lower case t's I wanted to show how keeping the upright the same and changing the width and position of the crossbar can make a big difference.

Don't be afraid to play with this.

There is no "right" or "wrong" way to make them.  Do whatever pleases you.



If you decide you don't like the way your letters look when you start lining them up together to form words, just make new letters.

Your fabric does you no good sitting in your stash.

After all, it's only fabric. It isn't gold.





you can click all the photos to enlarge

4 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Suits me to a--

Jean said...

T is for Teach too!

Terri said...

Who says that fabric isn't gold... Love your blog!!! Keep up the good work! You are a teacher extaordinnaire... you are teaching us the alphabet - at our ages!!!!!!
Hugs!!!

Manda said...

If you can stand the iPhone photography, I'd like to be added to your quilt along list:

http://mandamadequilts.blogspot.com/2011/09/brought-to-you-by-letter-s-or-is-it-no.html