Monday, September 12, 2011

Hey U

The letter U is one of the easiest letters to make. I'm pretty sure you can figure it out on your own.
 Naturally, there are lots of variations.  Here are a few:
You can make the pieces thin, and make the space b-i-g...
You can make the space kinda skinny...
  You can tilt the uprights

You can even make the letter shorter than the others!

You can play with the pattern on the fabric, like the dots in this black and white U.

You can vary the colors and fabrics, like this U in FUN.
 

Here is the red U for my sampler.


you can click the photos, and then click again to enlarge for more detail

2 comments:

Lynda said...

I like my 'u's with curved bases - you didn't do one like that!

Millie said...

That's a good observation. No, I don't make my U's with curved bases. I guess I like the rectilinear shapes better.