Friday, August 5, 2011

Thank You Millie!

Five years ago today I adopted a rescued feral kitten named Millie. She'd been hit by a car and left for dead in the middle of a busy city street. A passerby rescued her, and agreed to take responsibility for her. She had a broken leg, and it was dislocated from her hip. She was truly feral, not accustomed to humans or being handled. She was Freaked Out.(this is the Only Time I have ever held Millie, btw)

I adopted her and brought her into my home, which was already occupied by two elderly cats, neither of whom was particularly happy to see her. But Millie had spunk, curiosity and persistence, and made a place for herself in the family.

Millie changed my life, and not just as a cat owner. Through her I made friends around the world, found a new family, and started making quilts again.

Yup, if it wasn't for Millie, you wouldn't be reading this blog, because I wouldn't be making quilts.
So let's have a big cheer for Millie, because without her my life would be much less interesting!

15 comments:

Marina Louw said...

I am so glad that Millie came into your life, I read your blog and Millie's blog every day and it feels as you are part of my family too!

pwl said...

I'm happy that Millie came into your life - please give her scritches from me and purrs from my furbabies (one of whom is also a rescue after having been hit by a car).

Judy in Michigan said...

Looks like another letter quilt under sweet Millie. May we see???

connie said...

Such a sweet Kitty!!! She is very lucky she got you has her owner. Yah, Millie

Jean said...

Cats are so wonderful to have around. I lost 2 recently, have one left...am debating whether I should get another so she has another cat to wrestle with!

Anonymous said...

Hi Millie, love you!

Such a happy kitty!

Quiltdivajulie said...

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Terri said...

I'm really philosophical lately...
I'm thinking - if everything happens for a reason, then that is why some bad things happen to people. If Millie hadn't been hit by a car...
They say we are all connected. If Millie hadn't been hit by a car, I wouldn't be reading your blog, so her life events come all the way to me. What a web!
Hugs,

Quiltycat said...

I'm happy for you both!
xoxo

Quilter Kathy said...

Thank you Millie! I think Millie deserves a big treat for all the great energy she (and you) have put into the quilting community!

Michele Bilyeu said...

The Magnificent Millie, indeed! We are ALL grateful for her, for you, and for those who went before her! And Lynne, whatever would we do without YOU? So, you'd better believe we are grateful for Millie!

Megan said...

Big, big cheer for Millie from me.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Tangos Treasures said...

Yippiieeee for Millie!!

Clare said...

Thanks Millie! Without you I wouldn't have "met" your Mum.

Browndirtcottage said...

What a lovely story!!!!