Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Favorite P

This is my son, and the name panel he made last Christmas. He'd never used a sewing machine before. If he can do it, you can do it.
To make a P, you'll need a small piece of your background fabric, about 1-1/2" by 3". Add your letter fabrics around on three sides, add a big piece to the bottom, and then an upright on the left.
There are lots of ways to make your P unique. One of my favorites is to make the lower bar come back to the upgright at an angle, like this blue one.There are lots of ways to make your letters unique.That's it for this week. I've been extremely busy at work. We're replacing all our servers, moving all the data to another server, updating our Accounting and Manufacturing, and Email software, utilizing virtual servers and virtual storage. If you know what all that means, you know how big a job it is. If you don't understand all that, just try to imagine moving a tractor trailer full of stuff from one eighteen wheeler to another as both are driving on a highway at 80 miles an hour without dropping or damaging anything.

Look for my interpretation of Q on Monday. I have also had several off-line questions about knowing how I keep my letters about the same size. I am hoping to be able to address that issue over the weekend.

4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a fun quilt along! I wish I wasn't so busy this week/month. Maybe I'll have a few moments on the weekend to whip up some letters.

Clare said...

OMG! Best of luck and don't drop anything!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great way to describe the process for those who aren't so techno-savvy ... except I'm surprised it was only 80 mph!

Hang in there ~ the end result will be worth the struggles!

Jean said...

Love the Ps, I will play catch up tomorrow!