Thursday, July 7, 2011

ICU

The C is pretty simple. A center block, with a piece added to one side, then the other, then the other. Add a spacing strip to the right side and that's it.
Here's the fabric I selected for the letter C.
Did I choose that particular fabric on purpose? Did I -plan- to use the pattern in the fabric this way (to mimic the C shape)?

Well, yeah.

Look at your fabrics. Look at the patterns. Look for ways you can take advantage of them, and make your viewers say, "Look at that - that is so cool."How did I get inspired to make the C look like this? (skinny bottom, wide side, medium width top?) I was flipping through Tonya's book, and there was a letter U I liked. When I turned the book on its side... presto change-o... a cool letter C! So when I tell you to try look at things in new ways, that's exactly what I mean.

4 comments:

Terri said...

I'm behind by 3 letters already!!!! Love the colors - red is my fav, and I love your background color, too. Is it a batik?

Jean said...

Love the way you used the design in your c.

Millie said...

No worries, Terri, start when you're ready. The background fabric is a batik.

Tonya Ricucci said...

ICU 2! love how you used the fabric for that C - awesome!