Thursday, July 14, 2011

H is for Hooray!

OK! You can figure out how to make the H. A thin strip of your red fabric, with wider strips of background fabrics above and below, then put red strips on either side. The fabric for the H.
Here are a couple more H's for you.This blue one is from Letters From Home.This is one of the H's in NIGHTHAWK, from Nine x Nine.

You can make your H's unique by varying the widths of each of the uprights, the thickness and placement of the crossbar, and you can put the crossbar at an angle.

Tomorrow: One of my absolute all time favorites, the letter I.

5 comments:

KQ Sue said...

Hello! Don't you sleep? It is after mid-night! Oh wait I am still up, too! Hugs to Millie, great "H"! Nite!

Millie said...

Hi KQ Sue, Yes, I sleep. I schedule the posts for a few minutes after midnight. I'm in bed by 10:30 PM.

Jean said...

LOve the tall skinny H. Can't wait to try it, though I have to quilt for awhile this morning first.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am getting SO far behind ... I will catch up, I will catch up ...

Beatrice said...

Hello Lynne,
I finished an H yesterday, following this post. I thouroughly enjoyed it.
Thank you very much!
I then mailed it to a friend for a friendship quilt.
I so wish I could attend your classes on the houses / seasons / trees quilt ...
Beatrice (from France).