Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quilted Threads

Yesterday I drove to my favorite quilt shop, Quilted Threads, in Henniker NH.
I love this shop; it has a great selection, it's well-organized, it's spotlessly clean, it's well lit, and the sales staff is knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly.
Millie and I did a little shopping. She really likes these...I like... everything...Isn't this a terrific shop?
Oh, and did you notice this...
Yes, it's my Letters From Home quilt, currently on display. The shop has just received Tonya's book Word Play Quilts, (Yes, they looked for my quilt immediately) and were in the process of bar-coding it into their system for sale. The ladies tell me the quilt has been drawing a lot of attention, ("Everybody wants to know how you did it.") and apparently they are all amazed when they are told it is NOT paper-pieced. "Everybody loves it."

Some time in 2011 I will be teaching a class on free pieced letters at Quilted Threads. We haven't yet worked out the details, but it's going to happen, so stay tuned. In the meantime, if you are in the area, you can drive to Henniker to see this beauty.

And my quilt!

7 comments:

Clare said...

Can I say I knew you before you were famous?!

Joyce said...

I wish I lived near that shop! People who quilt always have trouble believing in free piecing until they try it.

Quiltycat said...

I love this shop too!...and your quilt too, of course! I would like to take part in your class...for now give my wishes of Happy Christmas to all the Q.T. staff...and to you too, of course!
nichi

Hector said...

I'm tempted to take one of the classes. I'm in Amesbury, Ma. That would be about an hours drive each way, I imagine.

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo!!!! your quilt looks fabulous!

LizA. said...

I just wanted to say "thank you" for your inspiration. Reading your blog helped me with my yearly challenge our weekly groups holds every Christmas. Yesterday was our reveal so I could blog about it.
http://lizquiltz.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-challenge-revealed.html

The Furry Bambinos said...

Congratulations Lynne! How neat to see your Quilt displayed so well at the store! And to have your Quilt published in the book ... Wow!

Merry Christmas!
Mom Sue to The Furry Bambinos