Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Zebra Binding

I love adding small bits of "zing" to my quilts. I found a new binding idea over at the Doll Quilt Swap. I was directed to TLC Stitches, where she has posted an excellent tutorial. So I'll just show pictures, and you can check Trisha's blog for more details.

Here are my two fabrics. I want the black-and-white to provide the "zing."

Fold it in half, wrong sides together...
Ta-da! This is gonna be SO cool!
Here I am attaching it the the back of the quilt. One of the lovely things about this binding is that it is designed to be machine sewn to the front! Whee! My arthritic hands rejoice!

You can see the binding sleeve at the bottom edge.

Reveal tomorrow! Woo hoo!

5 comments:

Kucki68 said...

I love the zinger binding, it will look great!

wordmama said...

That zing-y border is perfect. I have really enjoyed your pictures of your process. Thanks.

Susan said...

I love the binding idea! it's going to look great...I can't wait for the finished project!

Anonymous said...

Z-I-N-G indeed, love it!

Susan R said...

My hands are clapping at this binding idea!! Glory be!! I will make this new binding on my next project. I love your quilt Lynne and thanks so much for giving us the link to Trisha's blog!