Monday, October 26, 2009

The Fixer-Upper

I've resumed work on the wonky house that I messed up last week. I had wanted this pretty turquoise to be the body of the house, and by mistake I used the lighter fabric I had originally selected as the background.Rather than starting the windows all over again, I just trimmed down the sides and kept going. Now this extra border reads as window sashing.
Here's the whole house in progress. I haven't attached the roof or the chimney yet.

You can see my original idea here, and then my houses based on the kids' drawings here, and here, and here, and here.

This wonky house quilt will be for a very special boy, and his Mom says she doesn't want to know anything more about it, so until I present the finished quilt to him myself next January, I can only show you sneak peeks.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it so far and I bet he will like it even more!

jovaliquilts said...

I'll missing watching the houses under construction! Whatever sneak peeks you can offer will be most welcome. These are really fun.

Clare said...

I love this one.

Like Cheri, I'll miuss watching the house under construction.