Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Gearing Up for Slither

I've been finishing up a few projects in my sewing room, getting ready to make the letters for "slither." I'll never forget the very first time I saw this combination of bright blue and what was then called "kelly green." It was 1968.

My "Exquisite" is due back from the longarm quilter, Chris any day now. I'm very excited and eager to see it! I just sent her a Gizzy Quilt for her little dog, Bella. When I sent the picture of my proposal, Chris sent me an email back... "You do know Bella is a dog, don't you?" I could hear her laughter a thousand miles away!

I think Bella is offended. Bella is a Princess, can't you tell?

6 comments:

Clare said...

Lovely colours. I'm stil thinking about mine. Can't make my mind up between green and black or purple and orange.

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh, Bella looks beautiful there on her special quilt.

laura said...

the green just oooze slither! Bella deserves a crown with her royal bedclothes!

Unknown said...

I love that color combo too! Bright and happy.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Laura, the green is great for slither!! Great color combo! I was tickled to see Bella's picture on your post! She LOVES her quilt!!! She said she wishes she could play with Missy! She was stunned when I told her that Missy doesn't like the mud!!ha!ha!

Sara said...

How do you do it? That little quilt is perfect for Bella - the colors - everything...

Have fun with Sliter...