Saturday, January 10, 2009

Suggestions, Please!

My Sampler quilt is coming along. This morning I worked on the rest of the signature block. All I need to add now is the year, 2009.

But I have a small problem. I need something to fill in the space on either side of the numbers panel. In this photo, I am trying out a little flower, and a wonky heart, but neither really hits the mark I am looking for.

I need something to fill in the blocks marked with ?? The letters are 3" tall, so it can't be bigger, and whatever it is has to be sorta wonky.

Whatever goes on one side, should go on the other, so hearts, flowers, tiny butterflies...?

Suggestions welcome! Leave a comment.

Thank you!

13 comments:

Jen said...

What about a smily face?

dot said...

What about pencils or crayons?

marilyn said...

how about a cat on each side?

wannabe crafty said...

How about some sunshine? Everyone needs a little sunshine.

Paula said...

Or maybe some small wonky stars?? Love stars!! LOL

Magpie Sue said...

I like the cat idea. Maybe just a cat's head? I like the stars suggestion too. Before I read the other comments I was thinking butterflies, if you could make them small enough.

Joyce said...

What about little trees?

Just Ducky said...

Since you put question marks, how about other puncuation marks?

! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) +=

Tine said...

3" tall!? That's not tall at all... Hmm... Maverick stars? They would be itty-bitty though!
The sampler is beautiful!

3anklebiters said...

i like the idea of punctuation marks - ?!,";:& - goes with the overall font kind of look.

Tonya Ricucci said...

you've gotten some great suggestions already. I love the idea of little cats or punctuation

Monty Q. Kat said...

I think some kitty whiskers are needed here. >^..^<

But where are you you your quilt? Besides your name.

lissa said...

What about a peace sign? 50th anniversary of the peace sign? then smiley face on other. Taking me back to my childhood!